At karpatkey, we're looking for an experienced and detail-oriented accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing a robust accounting function ready for scale.
- Manage the books and perform day-to-day accounting operations (AR/AP, Crypto asset cost-basis, etc.) by processing and reconciling all transactions in a timely and accurate manner;
- Implement internal controls and safeguards over organizational assets, payments of authorized expenses, compliance with contractual obligations, and organizational policies;
- Prepare financial statements;
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts and educate teams on how to allocate/plan budgets;
- Act as the primary liaison with our external tax consultants and auditors and manage these relationships to maintain compliance with accounting standards and regulations and ensure due diligence readiness;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate and timely financial information is available to support business decisions and assist with the preparation of financial reports for management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting including experience in a start-up;
- Some experience in DeFi, blockchain company, or DAO;
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices and experience with accounting systems;
- A self-starter that is motivated to find efficient ways of establishing scalable new processes and has the ability to take ownership of all accounting functions;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- English: full professional proficiency;
- Willingness to continue learning about DeFi & Web3;
- Abide by our values
- Home office;
- Flexible hours;
- PTO Benefits;
- Yearly training budget;
- Home-office equipment Benefits;
- Bonus award.