At karpatkey, we're looking for a Legal & Compliance Analyst to join our L&C team. The ideal candidate should have financial services or technology law experience, preferably with crypto or blockchain, or should be willing to quickly familiarise oneself with blockchain technology and DeFi markets.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape across jurisdictions and assist with ensuring regulatory compliance under each regulatory regime while providing strategic direction on novel legal and regulatory matters, including token regulations;
- Advising/liaising with various stakeholders, including but not limited to the Senior Leadership Team, Team Leads, and other personnel inside and outside of the organization as required;
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating service agreements;
- Drafting, reviewing, and updating internal policies and legal documents;
- Organising and participating in necessary legal / compliance training programs that meet regulatory obligations;
- Implementing and reinforcing organizational governance and compliance requirements;
- Managing the organisation and classification of original/electronic legal documentation, contracts, etc., and maintaining the legal database in the cloud;
- Tracking pending litigation and enforcement trends in the crypto and blockchain space (e.g. reviewing, commenting on, and/or initiating amicus briefs).
- A lawyer who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building;
- Knowledge of crypto regulation in different jurisdictions, especially USA, UE;
- Knowledge of the DAO Governance System;
- Ability to present complex legal issues in clearly and concisely manner and to provide succinct, results-oriented legal advice;
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage diverse stakeholders and time-sensitive projects;
- Experience working with high-risk client groups;
- Experience in securities, commodities, and financial services;
- Experience in crypto companies is a plus;
- Very good command of the English language, both written and spoken (C1);
- Autonomy and ability to identify and assess risk and provide tailored recommendations for risk mitigation;
- A sense of humor!
- Home office;
- Flexible hours;
- PTO Benefits;
- Yearly training budget;
- Home-office equipment budget;
- Bonus award.